Friday, February 06, 2009

I'm just tired of poop

I've been a little disgruntled at work lately. The other day, I retrieved a pair of slacks with poop inside. Chunky poop, that is. It happens at least every other day. It's part of the job. Yeah, I'm a dry cleaner but I don't tell that to anyone. "I work in fashion," I say.

Since I smoke, being around all those chemicals all day probably isn't helping either. I'd like to quit smoking, but I just don't see it happening very soon. It's my one vice, but it stinks and will eventually lead to me being hooked up to an oxygen tank if I don't quit. I just wish it were easier.

Shawn will be beginning night school in about three weeks. The only time we'll see each other will be on the weekends so I need to keep this job for at least the next two to three years. The job may not be glamorous, but at least I have my nights and weekends. Plus, my doctor has prescribed an anti-depressant to aid in yet another attempt to quit smoking. I haven't quit yet, but I have had a sense of renewed I-CAN-take-another-day-of-this-job.

A co-worker noticed the famous brace on my right hand. "You're STILL having trouble with that?!" she exclaimed. Yep. It's been four months and the tendinitis in my wrist and thumb still has not healed. My doctor said it should take six weeks to heal up. Humph.

"I've accepted the fact that it will never heal as long as I am working here," I explained. "I'd like to do something else, but it's not practical right now." I explained the situation of Shawn going to school--which I am proud of and supportive. I'd work three fast food jobs if I had to just to see Shawn better himself.

"I just want to get away from the chemicals and the poop," I further explained. Laughter ensues. "I'd like to be doing something that doesn't involve poop."

Don't get me wrong. I'm very grateful for my full time job in a time when so many may not have a job tomorrow. Still, I day dream about what I could be doing instead.

To begin, I'm gonna have a ton of lonely time while Shawn is attending his classes. I've decided to start the eBay selling again, and hit it hard this time. At the very least, it will help pay for Shawn's gas to his classes which are almost forty miles away. In between, I will begin the novel again. I know I started the humorous one, yes, but it may take a slight turn to a sort of memoir. More on that later....

In an attempt to create a bit more revenue, I hope to launch my super-fantastic idea of a website to lure in advertisers and hopefully generate a bit of cash. There are probably a thousands sites like the one in my head, however, mine will actually be beneficial to visit.

So, I have a lot to pile onto my plate while Shawn attends school. As you already might know, I am quite anti-social and have no close friends to fill my lonely time. Sometimes that is a good thing. I can spend these nights trying to make money and hopefully stashing some back for a fun weekend or even quite possibly, retirement. Who knows where it will lead.

The website thing, yeah, is a pipe dream. I read about a teenager who generated $2 million just by creating a website. You know what? If she can do it, I can too. Why not? I have more experience AND a mortgage. That's motivation all on its own.

Of course, having a day job that deal with chunks of human feces ain't bad motivation either.

No comments: